1/3 Photos of Italian Sausage Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sub Sandwich)
All of the flavors go so well together...Sweet, spicy, nutty and fresh. It's refreshing and satisfying. I also made it easy by preparing it in the oven. You can make this on the stove top in a frying pan if you prefer. Turkey sausage is great too, I didn't list it or the oblong crusty bread rolls because food.com doesn't calculate the calories for them. The sriracha is optional because it is a 6th contest ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 links Italian sausages, uncooked (sweet or hot)
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (I used 4 colors already sliced from Trader Joe's)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat swiss cheese, sliced (4 slices)
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper, if desired
- 1 French baguette, uncut (cut into four 8-inch portions or four 8-inch oblong crusty bread rolls)
- 1 -2 cup baby arugula
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly spray a large baking sheet.
- 2Lay onion slices and bell pepper slices on the baking sheet and spray with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- 3Prick sausages with a fork and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and turn veggies and sausages at about 10 minutes so they don't burn on the bottom.
- 4Puree sauce ingredients together. I used an immersion blender in a pyrex measuring cup. A mini food processor would work too.
- 5Cut a wedge (making a V large enough for the sausage and veggies to fit in) out of each bread roll and spread the interior with basil sauce. You can spread the cut out wedge with sauce too or you can discard it.
- 6Lay Swiss cheese slices over the sauce.
- 7Place prepared bread rolls onto a second baking tray and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted to your liking.
- 8Remove from oven and place sausage into prepared bread rolls, cover with onions and peppers and top with arugula.
- 9If you saved the cut out bread wedges you can eat them on the side.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sub Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 1296.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 26.7 g