Recipe by CelebrationFL
Recipe I found while surfing the internet. Serve with crusty bread and a salad.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was such a great dish that everyone really liked. It was easy to prepare, too. And the combination of the cheeses really provides a wonderful taste sensation. I just think this dish would benefit from a little seasoning. Perhaps some garlic and fresh basil or oregano, with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Other than that, this is a true "keeper". Thanks, CelebrationFL. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.
- 1⁄2 lb ziti pasta, cooked al dente and drained (8 minutes)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb Italian sausage (removed from casing)
- 1 (3 lb) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat and the onion and drain fat.
- Return the meat and onion back to the pan and add the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer ingredients in a square baking dish.
- 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom, then half of the pasta, provolone cheese slices, ricotta cheese spread over the provolone cheese.
- Then add half of the remaining sauce mixture, the remaining pasta, mozzarella cheese, the remaining sauce, and then top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes and you may want to bake it on a cookie sheet to prevent splatters in your oven.