Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is my favorite way to make baked beans. They can be made in a crock pot, in a skillet, or even in a dutch oven. I use smoked Italian sausage, but other types of smoked sausage can be used as well.
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Brown the Italian sausage and onion in a skillet.
- Put all ingredients including the browned sausage and onion into the crock pot and heat until hot (about 1 hour, depending on your crock pot).
- If you are in a hurry, the beans, pepper, and bbq sauce can be added to the skillet and heated. If you are camping, this can be heated in a dutch oven.