1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Bake
Tina Starnes's Note:
Cheesey pasta with italian sausage - this is a tasty filling recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups mostaccioli pasta
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 16 ounces traditional spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella, provolone, asiago mixture)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2Brown Italian Sausage, set aside.
- 3Cook pasta according to directions, drain.
- 4Melt butter on medium in a large pot. Slowly add flour, salt and pepper stirring constantly until smooth then slowly stir in milk. Add all cheeses to flour mixture. Simmer on low until thickened, add more milk if neccessary.
- 5In large casserole dish (10x10) layer 1/2 pasta then spaghetti sauce, Italian sausage, 1/2 cheesey sauce and remaining pasta. Pour cheesey sauce over top.
- 6Top with parmasean cheese and bread crumbs.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 8Serve with side salad and garlic bread.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Bake
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 884.5
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 2097.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 43.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: