Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cheesey pasta with italian sausage - this is a tasty filling recipe!
Make and share this Italian Sausage Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups mostaccioli pasta
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 16 ounces traditional spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella, provolone, asiago mixture)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Brown Italian Sausage, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain.
- Melt butter on medium in a large pot. Slowly add flour, salt and pepper stirring constantly until smooth then slowly stir in milk. Add all cheeses to flour mixture. Simmer on low until thickened, add more milk if neccessary.
- In large casserole dish (10x10) layer 1/2 pasta then spaghetti sauce, Italian sausage, 1/2 cheesey sauce and remaining pasta. Pour cheesey sauce over top.
- Top with parmasean cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with side salad and garlic bread.