Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was found on a box of Stove Top Savory Stuffing Mix. I really like this dish.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water, hot
- 1 (6 ounce) package herb stuffing mix, Stove Top Savory
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, cut into 2 inch thick slices
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir just until moistened. Set aside.
- Cook and stir sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat until no longer pink in centers; drain. Add peppers and onions; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon into 13x9 inch baking dish. Cover with tomato sauce and the prepared stuffing.
- Bake 25 minutes or until heated through.
This was good. I did added some Italian seasoning to the tomato sauce. Will make again. Thanks for posting!