1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage Bake
A wonderful, aromatic, warm, comfort dish the whole family can enjoy. This was a recipe from another food site that I adapted to add more flavor. It is always gone in a flash. Great for potlucks and frozen meals for friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ziti pasta (or similar pasta cooked according to package)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 12 ounces mild Italian sausage (I remove from casings)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, diced (I recommend 1 tsp but like garlic a lot so go with what you prefer)
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 (15 ounce) containers of favorite pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (fresh shredded works best) or 2 tablespoons romano cheese (fresh shredded works best)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 F and grease 13x9-in baking dish.
- 2Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 3Heat Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion and sauté until slightly transparent.
- 5Add sausage and cook stirring frequently to break up, cook until no longer pink.
- 6Add garlic, fennel, Italian seasoning and mushrooms.
- 7Stir frequently and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- 8Add sauce, stirring to mix, cook until sauce is heated through. Remove from heat.
- 9Add to prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and parmesan/romano cheese.
- 10Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- 11Cool approximately 5 Minutes.
- 12To freeze ahead prepare as above but do not bake.
- 13Cover and freeze up to 2 months.
- 14Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- 15Preheat oven to 400F and bake 25 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Bake
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.8
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 2320.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: