Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 cup. Per serving: 266 calories, 8.5 g fat, 21.4 g protein, 24.9 g carb, 6.7 g fiber, 72 mg cholesterol.
Top Review by windhorse23
This recipes deserves praise for it's ease of preparation, just to start with. I did make a few changes: I used hot turkey sausage and I had to increase the amounts for a family of six. I hope I got the proportions right. Very nice, tasty weeknight recipe. One thing that puzzles me, not necessarily about the recipe itself--why is the nutritional information from Cooking LIght so different from what Zaar calculates?
- 12 ounces sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (19 ounce) canother white beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add in bell pepper, onion, and garlic; stir/saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in sausage; cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add in oregano and remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Lower heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes or until heated through.