Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Excellent served with a good garlic bread. Taken from the "Great Tasting Money Saving Meals" cookbook.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces (hot or mild)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, undrained (diced)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook sausage in large saucepan, covered, over medium to medium high heat for 5 minutes or until browned; pour off drippings.
- Add frozen vegetables, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- Cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until juices have thickened slightly.