1/5 Photos of Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
1 hr 10 mins
This is a delicious soup loaded with vegetables and tortellini filled with cheese and basil. You can increase the spiciness of the soup by using hot Italian sausage and adding some red pepper flakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped (can use canned tomatoes, if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated basil and cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Remove and discard casings from the sausage.
- 2In a large Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1 Tablespoon drippings in the pan. Set sausage aside.
- 3Add onion and garlic to the drippings in the pan; cook, stirring constantly, until onion is tender.
- 4Add sausage, beef broth, carrots, tomato, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato sauce, water, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper, stirring well.
- 5Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 6Add tortellini and parsley, stirring well.
- 7Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Adjust spices to taste.
- 8Ladle soup into individual soup bowls. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (3407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.3
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 1370.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 16.8 g