Recipe by nukesmom
Super Easy and hearty Crockpot Meal. I generally use Turkey Italian Sausage because it is less greasy.
Top Review by Khandi Howard
This was very good. I added quite a bit of black pepper and it was very flavorful. It made a complete meal. I will be making this again. It did take a little extra time to get it ready to eat. Took me about 25 minutes to get this in the crockpot, and another 15 minutes to cut up the zucchini and boil the tortellini and add to the soup before we ate it. It took about 45 minutes for the zucchini to cook in the soup also. Great recipe.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups beef or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, chopped (reserve juices)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonsticke skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned. With a slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onion, carrots, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on High 3 to 4 hours or on Low 6 to 10 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- Add zucchini, parsley and tortellini to slow cooker and cook on High 15 to 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Spoon into individual bowls and top with Parmesan.