3 hrs 20 mins
Super Easy and hearty Crockpot Meal. I generally use Turkey Italian Sausage because it is less greasy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups beef or 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, chopped (reserve juices)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large nonsticke skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned. With a slotted spoon, transfer to slow cooker.
- 2Add onion, carrots, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms to slow cooker.
- 3Cover and cook on High 3 to 4 hours or on Low 6 to 10 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain.
- 5Add zucchini, parsley and tortellini to slow cooker and cook on High 15 to 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Spoon into individual bowls and top with Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.9
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 1796.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 57.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning