1 hr 14 mins
Pizza colorfully topped with chunks of sausage and a trio of sweet peppers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- prepared pizza dough (for 12 inch pizza, New York style pizza dough recommended)
- unbleached bread flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (New York-Style Pizza Sauce)
- 2 Italian sausages, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (mild or hot, about 1/2 lb.)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 lb bulk Italian sausage, separated into small chunks (mild or hot)
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1Position oven rack on the second lowest level in the oven and place a baking stone on the rack; position another rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat oven to 500°.
- 2Warm the olive oil in a big nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in the peppers and saute, stirring frequently for 4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- 3Add in the garlic, oregano, cayenne, salt, and black pepper; stir/saute for 1 minute; set aside.
- 4Coat a 12-inch pizza screen or perforated pizza pan with cooking spray; lay pizza dough on prepared screen or pan and gently stretch dough into a 12-inch round.
- 5Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border; evenly distribute peppers over the sauce.
- 6Arrange the sausage slices over the top; scatter the mozzarella over the top.
- 7Arrange the chunks of bulk sausage evenly over the cheese, pressing them into the cheese slightly.
- 8Place the pizza in the oven on the upper rack; bake about 10 minutes or until the pizza crust is crisp and golden brown.
- 9Using a pizza peel, lift the pizza off the screen or pan and place the crust directly on the baking stone.
- 10Using the peel, remove the screen or pan from the oven.
- 11Continue baking the pizza 3-4 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is golden brown.
- 12Using the peel, remove the pizza from the oven and transfer to a cutting board.
- 13Sprinkle with Parmesan; slice pizza into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Three Pepper Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.5
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.9 mg
- Sodium 1347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.1 g