Recipe by LynnAlex
This is a hearty and very flavorful soup with lots of fresh ingredients... and a kick! I serve it with crusty italian bread and California Zinfandel.
Top Review by dchick1125
My girlfriend made this soup the other night for a ladies' dinner and it was scrumptious! We all asked for the recipe, and I can't wait to make it for my company this weekend.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, with leaves chopped
- 4 red potatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley
- 1 dash of crushed red pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot heat olive oil and add garlic and onion, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until almost brown.
- Add celery and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, spinach, parsley and red pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.