Prep 6 mins
Cook 35 mins
I do not recall where I got this recipe, but I have been making this dish for a few years now an I never get tired of it. Once you try it you will know what I mean.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage and onion in large skillet over medium high heat, 3 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. drain.
- Spoon mixture in 2-quart casserole dish. Stir in cooked rice, tomato sauce, and salt.
- Add zucchini to skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Arrange zucchini over rice mixture,.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Very tasty and super easy to prepare. I think I'll add a bit of garlic next time. :)