- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and onion in large skillet over medium high heat, 3 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. drain.
- Spoon mixture in 2-quart casserole dish. Stir in cooked rice, tomato sauce, and salt.
- Add zucchini to skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Arrange zucchini over rice mixture,.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.