1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage and Red Onion Quiche
These flavours blend beautifully to make a lovely, robust quiche. You could use an unbaked pie shell rather than dough- this is just how I make it. If your quiche pan is tall, you may like to increase the egg and cream mixture in a ratio of 4 eggs: 1 cup cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- 2Lay the sheet of pastry dough over a 9-inch quiche pan, pressing the dough gently into the crimped edges. Cut away any excess dough so the pastry is level with the top of the pan.
- 3Prick the base of the pastry with a fork.
- 4In a skillet over medium heat, start to cook the italian sausage and crushed garlic. Cook for 8-10 minutes, mashing the italian sausage into small chunks with the spatula.
- 5Add the red onion and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat. Evenly spoon the italian sausage and red onion into the pastry shell.
- 7Scatter the cheese over the sausage mixture.
- 8Mix the eggs and cream together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Pour carefully over the other ingredients in the pastry shell, leaving a little space for the mixture to rise slightly in the oven.
- 10Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked and set.
- 11Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- 12Serve hot or cold!
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Red Onion Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 863.8
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 297.9 mg
- Sodium 1517.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 32.1 g