Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A variation on traditional holiday sausage balls. From a 2001 copy of Pillsbury Holiday Appetizers.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Heat oven to 375F. Line a 15/10/1 inch baking pan with foil.
- Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In food processor bowl with the metal blade attached, combine sausage, biscuit mix and basil and process until just combined.
- Add cheese and onions.
- Pulse to blend.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on foil-lined pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink.