Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy weeknight dinner when you add a green vegetable or salad.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing (Robusto or Zesty)
- Cut up Italian sausage links into bite sized chunks.
- Cube potatoes (with skins).
- Place in baking dish, then add Italian salad dressing over all.
- Bake uncovered at 350 until sausage is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Note: Sometimes I speed up the cooking time by microwaving the potatoes a little before baking in the oven...
Made this today for dinner. Followed the advice of other reviewers and pre-cooked the potatoes in the microwave for 8 minutes. Also added a chopped onion because we like onions. Cooked for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Everyone enjoyed.
The outcome of this was ok, it took me more than two hours to get the potatoes done and I made them pretty darn small, so the sausage was a bit overdone, and my pan even though I sprayed it with Pam, is a disaster. After an hour and a half of cooking and still almost raw potatoes, I cranked the heat up to about 425, they got cooked but mushy, not crisp. I must say though, the taste at the end was pretty good, but very italian dressing-ish, I am sorry to rate this so low, maybe it was just me.
Just what I wanted tonight - easy & tasty. What I was tempted to do, but I resisted, was to take a lovely Italian Bun and sop up all the sauce. This is a throw together and never mind watching while it's baking recipe. Perfect for busy day Moms. I cut the recipe back to one serving and skinned the casing off the sausage.I had baby carrots with steamed Broccoli along side Thanks Andrewzmom for a lovely dinner