Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy weeknight dinner when you add a green vegetable or salad.
Make and share this Italian Sausage and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 8 ounces Italian salad dressing (Robusto or Zesty)
- Cut up Italian sausage links into bite sized chunks.
- Cube potatoes (with skins).
- Place in baking dish, then add Italian salad dressing over all.
- Bake uncovered at 350 until sausage is no longer pink and potatoes are tender, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Note: Sometimes I speed up the cooking time by microwaving the potatoes a little before baking in the oven...
The outcome of this was ok, it took me more than two hours to get the potatoes done and I made them pretty darn small, so the sausage was a bit overdone, and my pan even though I sprayed it with Pam, is a disaster. After an hour and a half of cooking and still almost raw potatoes, I cranked the heat up to about 425, they got cooked but mushy, not crisp. I must say though, the taste at the end was pretty good, but very italian dressing-ish, I am sorry to rate this so low, maybe it was just me.
Just what I wanted tonight - easy & tasty. What I was tempted to do, but I resisted, was to take a lovely Italian Bun and sop up all the sauce. This is a throw together and never mind watching while it's baking recipe. Perfect for busy day Moms. I cut the recipe back to one serving and skinned the casing off the sausage.I had baby carrots with steamed Broccoli along side Thanks Andrewzmom for a lovely dinner
Very easy, I think I ended up baking for close to an hour to get the potatoes really well cooked. Next time I'll really make the potato cubes small so it will cook up quicker. Otherwise, a very tasty dish! Thanks!