Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Another one of my easy ones! But also another good one. If you leave out the potatoes, this is also very good served over egg noodles.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausages, precooked
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 russet potatoes, precooked
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease large casserole.
- Cut precooked sausages into 2" pieces, and both peppers into 1/4" slices.
- Cut precooked potatoes into fourths, lengthwise, then into halves.
- Combine sausage, peppers, potatoes, onion, undrained tomatoes,and basil into large bowl.
- Mix very gently.
- Spoon mixture into casserole.
- Cover with foil with slit cut into center.
- Bake until done, about 50 minutes.
My family and I loved this. I only put in 1/2 of a pepper and some zucchini and fresh garlic and sliced mushrooms.
This was really good, a hearty comfort food, with great textures and lots of flavour. It was quick and easy to make, I added 1 tsp salt and I cooked my casserole for 75 minutes, it was perfect. The heat from the sausage was nice and blended well with the tomatoe and basil, the potatoes were nice and tender. Thanks so much for sharing.