1/3 Photos of Italian Sausage and Peppers Stir Fry
You can cook it with hot Italian sausages as in the directions below or you can make it with mild or sweet sausages. If you do, you may want to omit the peppers and add either a touch of honey, syrup, or brown sugar, and sliced tart apples . Either way, I think I'd keep the onions...but that's a personal choice. You can also add chili flakes or parsley or any herb/spice that suits your tastes. If you want to serve it over pasta, you can add a can or two of spaghetti sauce and slice the sausauges before frying. This recipe is so versatile, you can't go wrong.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 -8 Italian sausages (hot or mild)
- 2 red onions (or one Spanish onion or any onion/onion combination of your choice)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and sliced into long,thin strips
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, seeded and sliced into long,thin strips
- 1 sweet orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced into long,thin strips
- white pepper or black pepper
- salt, as needed
- 1Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- 2Add onions and garlic and fry till golden brown.
- 3Add sausages and cook till almost done.
- 4Add peppers and seasoning.
- 5Cook until veggies are tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Peppers Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 1207.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 20.5 g