Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband was hungry for sausage and peppers and I found this recipe from Taste of Home that I thought I would use. I adapted the recipe by decreasing the ingredients by quite a bit to better serve my family of 5. Quick, easy and tasty! I like to serve it over white rice.
- 453.59 g Italian sausage, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 236.59 ml corsely chopped fresh bell pepper (combo of red, green, yellow or all one color)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml chicken broth or 29.58 ml beef broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 14.79 ml minced parsley
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.