Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband was hungry for sausage and peppers and I found this recipe from Taste of Home that I thought I would use. I adapted the recipe by decreasing the ingredients by quite a bit to better serve my family of 5. Quick, easy and tasty! I like to serve it over white rice.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 cup corsely chopped fresh bell pepper (combo of red, green, yellow or all one color)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or 2 tablespoons beef broth
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.