Recipe by Sharlene~W
Very easy as a main dish or as filling for a sandwich. A short list of ingredients and it cooks up quick. For a sandwich, I use the large sandwich rolls and top it off with a couple of spoonfuls of salsa, but you could try it with a slice of provolone cheese and some mustard as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage links, pricked with fork
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into strips (or use red bell peppers or combination of both)
- 2 large onions, cut into slices (not rings)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, bring sausage links and water to a boil over medium heat. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook, turning sausages frequently until water has evaporated and sausages are well browned, about 20 minutes. Transfer sausages to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Add green peppers, onions, garlic, and salt; cook over medium heat, stirring vegetables frequently until they are tender.
- Add the cooked sausage to the peppers and onions and cook until sausages are hot again.