1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage and Pepper Rotini
Charlotte J's Note:
This was a hand out from a large retail store. I modified this recipe to accommodate what was in my cupboard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1 lb bulk hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut Into thin strips
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off grease and set aside.
- 3Saute peppers and onions in 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 4Stir in tomatoes, broth, and sausage; cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; add cooked pasta to tomato mixture and stir.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Pepper Rotini
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.1
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 694.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 23.5 g