Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a hand out from a large retail store. I modified this recipe to accommodate what was in my cupboard.
- 1 (16 ounce) box rotini pasta
- 1 lb bulk hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut Into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (optional)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain off grease and set aside.
- Saute peppers and onions in 2 tablespoons hot oil over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, and sausage; cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes are tender and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat; add cooked pasta to tomato mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Delicious. Other than using mild sausage (can't handle spicy much) I didn't change a thing. :)