- 1814.36 g sweet Italian sausage links (16 links) or 1814.36 g hot Italian sausage links (16 links)
- 4 red bell peppers, stemmed,seeded and sliced into 1/4" strips
- 4 green bell peppers, stemmed,seeded and sliced into 1/4" strips
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 6 large sweet onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 clove garlic, crushed
- ground black pepper
- 16 hoagie rolls, sliced lengthwise,toasted,if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill sausages over hot coals, turning occasionally, until done, about 10 minutes total.
- Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, sauté peppers in the olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until vegetables are lightly browned, 10-15 minutes.
- Pepper mixture can be made ahead; reheat to serve or serve at room temperature.
- Place sausage links in hero rolls, generously add sautéed pepper mixture to each sandwich.