Recipe by lhchris
This recipe came from the February 2005 issue of Betty Crocker Quick-to-fix Casseroles. I fixed this last night and made no changes to the recipe other than to double it (I have a large family) and it turned out wonderful!
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I made as directed. I used Kim D's recipe #51861. I was not too keen on the strong bell pepper taste. Not the recipe's fault, of course. Bell peppers are just strong vegetables. Cook time was right on for my oven.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (4 to 5 links)
- 2 medium bell peppers, coarsely chopped (any color)
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta or 1 cup rosamarina pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 375 deg. F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cut each sausage link into 4 pieces. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown; drain.
- In baking dish, mix sausage and remaining ingredients except cheese. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes. Uncover and stir well. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 10 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink and orzo is tender.