Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very flavorful soup.The Italian Sausage gives it a very distinctive flavor, along with all the delicious vegetables. Easy to make!
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup yoshida's teriyaki sauce
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup baby lima beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup penne pasta
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- In a heavy soup pot, brown the sausage.
- Now add the onion, carrots, Yoshida's, chicken bouillon, pablano pepper, salt and pepper.
- Brown all this very well,about 20 minutes.
- Add the stewed tomatoes that you chop in a blender, water, all the vegetables,a nd the penne pasta.
- Cook all together until the pasta is cooked.
- I usually just let it simmer.
- Add more water if needed.
- You can add whatever vegetables you like.
Good Soup. Did not have poblano peppers so used green pepper, also added some garlic and used frozen mixed vegtables and did not have any penne pasta so used farfalle pasta. Thanks.