Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a favorite at our house. I think the recipe came from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Italian Sausage and Penne Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 link mild Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 (850.48 g) can diced tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- ground red pepper
- 226.79 g penne pasta, cooked
- 236.59 ml shredded Italian cheese blend
- Saute sausage and garlic in olive oil until browned.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar, tomatoes, and seasonings. Cover & simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine with pasta in 9x13 pan.
- Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
My roommate and I gave this 2 thumbs up! I added a 7 oz. can of sliced olives, used hot sausage, diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and a combination of sharp cheddar and mozzarella. I loved the balsamic in the sauce! Thanks for sharing, AzMama!
Made this twice since tagging it for PAC, Fall '09 so I guess it rates a high five! This is comfort food at its best. I like that it's not a heavy thick sauce yet the flavor comes thru very well. Will be making this one often.