Recipe by AzMama17
This is a favorite at our house. I think the recipe came from Cooking Light.
Top Review by rickoholic83
My roommate and I gave this 2 thumbs up! I added a 7 oz. can of sliced olives, used hot sausage, diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and a combination of sharp cheddar and mozzarella. I loved the balsamic in the sauce! Thanks for sharing, AzMama!
- 3 links mild Italian sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- salt, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- ground red pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend