This is a super-easy, super-quick casserole dish that I came up with last week. I used Italian turkey sausage that my husband had grilled while we were barbecuing the day before. I also used wheat rotini pasta, but I think any kind of pasta would work. The rest of the quantities are just estimates ... you could use more or less depending on your tastes. I used whole cumin, fennel, thyme, and rosemary and lightly ground them with a pestle, but you could also use pre-ground. My husband, who is not usually a casserole lover, has been raving about this ever since, and my daughter, who usually hates zucchini, cleaned her plate without even a mention of it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 13 1/2 ounces pasta (any kind)
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Prepare pasta as directed, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- 3As pasta is cooking, cook Italian sausage as desired. (I like to pre-cook sausages, as they are easier to cut once they are already cooked.).
- 4After sausages are cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- 5In a large pan, saute onion, peppers, zucchini, and garlic in olive oil until opaque.
- 6Season with cumin, thyme, basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- 7Slice sausages into bite-size pieces, then add sausages, tomatoes, and pasta to the vegetables and stir.
- 8Spray large casserole dish with cooking spray and transfer entire mixture into dish.
- 9Top with feta cheese.
- 10Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until cheese starts to melt.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 843.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 18.6 g