1 hr 15 mins
An easy one-dish meal. Truly comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb kale, stemmed and torn into large pieces (2 bunches)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh herb, minced (such as a combination of parsley, oregano, and basil)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; lightly butter a 2-quart gratin pan or baking dish.
- 2In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat and stir in sausage; cook until browned and cooked through, 5 minutes.
- 3Add in the wine and cook, scraping the bottom of the pan, until it is nearly evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes; reduce heat to medium.
- 4Stir in the kale, a handful at a time, until it wilts and turns a bright green color (do not overcook); remove from heat and set aside.
- 5Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour (forms a roux), then slowly add in milk, whisking to deter any lumps.
- 6Bring to a simmer, whisking frequently, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- 7Crumble in the goat cheese and whisk while it melts to form a smooth sauce; stir in the sausage and kale and remove from heat.
- 8Spoon mixture into prepared dish; sprinkle evenly with grated Parmesan, bread crumbs, and herbs (you can mix them together first if you like).
- 9Bake until the topping is golden-brown and the filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- 10Let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Kale Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.6
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.6 mg
- Sodium 1272.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: