Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious Italian version of an old breakfast favorite. I recommend using the "Italian blend" cheese that is sold pre-shredded in the bag..Sargento makes a good one. If your store doesn't carry that, use a combo of mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan cheeses--1 cup worth.
- 2 mild Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, thawed and chopped small
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (see above)
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 9 inches pie crusts
- Fry the sausage links in a skillet. When cooked through, slice thinly and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and rosemary in a bowl.
- Mix in the sausage, broccoli and cheese, stirring til all ingredients are coated.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This is really good! The bottom crust wasn't quite done so next time I'll brown the crust first - or maybe a little higher oven temperature.