1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage and Bell Peppers
This is a quick and versatile recipe that is one of DH's favorites. I like it because it makes enough for two dinners and a lunch for the two of us. I like to serve it over polenta, but pasta or rice are great, too. It's happy in a slow cooker as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the sausage in a large skillet.
- 2Add onions and saute for ~2 min.
- 3Add peppers and garlic and saute 1 min.
- 4Add the tomatoes with their water, fill the can with water and add that too.
- 5Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Simmer uncovered until the sausage is cooked through (I usually cut them into thirds to speed cooking time and ease serving).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage and Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 1012.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 17.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: