Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick, simple, and tasty dish from Gourmet magazine, December 1996.
Make and share this Italian Sausage and Bell Pepper Paella recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Squeeze sausage meat from casings into a 10-inch heavy ovenproof skillet and add bell peppers, onion, and oil.
- Cook mixture over moderately high heat, breaking up sausage with a fork and stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, or until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add rice and saute, stirring, 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, tomatoes, and water and bring to a boil, stirring to loosen brown bits.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake, uncovered, 25 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This was very good and easy to make. I had about 1/2 cup of leftover peas & carrots, and added that to the pot. Also, I finished it up on the stovetop, stirring frequently. I used one whole can of tomatoes and just dumped the juice and all in for more flavor also. Thanks for sharing Lazyme. -Bird-