Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom clipped this recipe from a magazine back in the 70's, and it has become a favorite. Perfect comfort food for a cool autumn or winter night, and tastes even better the next day!
- 453.59 g stewing beef
- 453.59 g mild Italian sausage
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and cut up
- 2 (878.83 g) can kidney beans, drained
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- Cut sausage into round slices, and stew beef into smaller, bite-size pieces.
- Brown sausage, then meat, in garlic.
- Saute onions in same pan.
- Put meats, onions, potatoes, pepper and kidney beans into Dutch oven. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of basil. Stir to mix ingredients, and pour broth (or bouillion dissolved in 1 cup water) over all.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Very good stew. The italian sausage put a different spin on an old favorite. Made for TYM.