Recipe by tabasco0697
Inexpensive and easy to make...you can't beat that. Even my pickiest of eaters asks for 2nds. This recipe actually makes enough meat and sauce to freeze half and make the dish a second time saving even more money.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage (ground not links)
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium vidalia onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 26 ounces dei fratelli rustic cut tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 cups jasmine rice (cooked to package directions)
- 1 teaspoon fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet heat oil. Add both the diced onions and diced green bell peppers along with the minced garlic, and half the salt and pepper and saute until the onions and peppers are soft.
- Add both the Italian sausage and ground chuck and brown until there is no more pink. While browning the meat make the rice to package instructions.
- Drain most but not all of the excess grease. Add the rustic cut tomatoes, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce and the remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove half the meat mixture and place in freezer bag to save for another time.
- Pour rice into large serving bowl and pour remaining meat mixture on top. Mix well then serve.