1 hr 20 mins
It is easy, delicious, and it was left to me by my favorite Uncle. We have enjoyed this for many years and hope to for generations to come. I would like to share it with my friends at zaar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all the ingredients thoroughly except casings.
- 2Then allow mixture to set covered in refrigerator at least 1/2 hours You want your mixture to be nice and cold when you put it into the casings.
- 3It is actually best left overnight if possible.
- 4This will also help blend all the flavors of the spices nicely.
- 5When cold enough fill your casings turning every 10" to make a small sausage.
- 6Or you can lay the meat on a wax paper take another wax paper, lay it on top.
- 7Roll out the meat, with your biscuit cutter, dip in water, and cut rounds.
- 8These you can nicely put in plastic freeze in baggies and they will be ready when you are.
- 9When you want to make them, put a little olive oil in the pan to prevent sticking, heat, and make the patties or sausages.
- 10These sausages are also great on the grill or for any Italian meals-- They are not over powering in flavor.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (2321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1021.9
- Calories from Fat 644
- Total Fat 71.6 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 299.3 mg
- Sodium 2372.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 85.6 g