1/1 Photo of Italian Sauced Chicken over Pasta
6 hrs 15 mins
Great for the stovetop or the slowcooker. Serve over linguine, spaghetti, or corkscrew noodles (or noodles of choice). Cook time is for the slowcooker. Stovetop methos would be about 40 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, only if using stovetop method
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 -16 ounces pasta, spaghetti, corkscrew, your choice
- parmesan cheese
- 1STOVETOP METHOD: In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add chicken pieces, onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic.
- 2Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often for about 10 minutes.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT pasta.
- 4Bring to a soft boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water according to package. Drain.
- 6Place pasta in 1 large plate or individual plates and serve saucy chicke mixture over top.
- 7Sprinkle w/ parmesan cheese , if desired.
- 8SLOWCOOKER METHOD: Place cut-up raw chicken in slowcooker. No olive oil necessary.
- 9Mix together all reamining ingredients EXCEPT pasta; pour over the chicken.
- 10Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or until chicken is done. Remove the bay leaf.
- 11When done, boil pasta in salted water per package directions. Drain.
- 12Follow serving directions as written under "stovetop" directions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sauced Chicken over Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 568.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 834.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 61.9 g