Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you're not a pesto lover, enjoy your sandwich with a spread that's full of taste and fat-free. Try balsamic vinegar with a little salt and pepper, or a spicy whole-grain mustard. Copied from Weight Watchers recipes. 7 points per serving
- 1 cup mixed leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and torn
- 1⁄2 ounce pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, without oil, soaked in hot water and cut in half
- 2 medium hard rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine basil, pine nuts, garlic and oil and blend in a food processor until smooth. Spread rolls evenly with sauce.
- Top each roll with equal amounts of cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sun-dried tomatoes.