This is a fun salad that uses the same ingredients you would in an Italian sandwich. Water chestnuts give it a nice crunch!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 cups of cooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 4 slices dill pickles, chopped fine
- 1 can ripe olives or 1 can black olives, drained and halved
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced fine
- snipped chives (optional)
- 1 cup of chopped sweet pepper (green, yellow, red)
- 1 can water chestnut, slices drained & chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped ham or 1 cup pastrami or 1 cup any meat, of choice (optional)
- 1/2 cup of chopped cooper cheese or 1/2 cup any cheese, of choice (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning or 3 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1Cook pasta and set aside.
- 2Place onions, dill pickles, olives, water chestnuts, chives and peppers in a bowl.
- 3Add oil, vinegar and spices.
- 4Marinate for 15-20 minutes or so.
- 5Add pasta,tomatoes, meat and cheese and toss lightly.
- 6Serve cold.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Italian Sandwich" Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 537.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: