Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ok, So this isn't really salsa, but it's what my friend calls it. You should cook it and then refrigerate it so the flavors encorporate. This is served warm, with baguette slices. I typically make this the day before a party and put it in the little crock pot just to keep warm. You can also toss it with pasta for a really yummy dinner.
- Preheat large skillet with olive oil over medium heat, cook onions and garlic until crisp soft, about 5 minutes, add salt and pepper.
- Add carrots and celery and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add red and yellow peppers and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dump tomatoes into large bowl and break up into smaller pieces with your hands.
- Dump in skillet with other vegetables, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add cayenne pepper and vinegar.
- Chill and reheat to warm. Serve with baguette slices.
- The veggies should be crisp and not completly cooked through.