Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe came out of a fundraiser cookbook. It has a very refreshing taste. Just be careful with the amount of cilantro, because if you don't love the taste of it, it can be overpowering. I serve this with Tostidos bowl chips because they are best for scooping. You can also substitute one can of Rotel tomatoes for one of the fresh tomatoes for a little bit more spice. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 large tomatoes (or 2 smaller)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (it's the only size most grocery stores have)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian dressing (Kraft House Italian is best)
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (finely shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- cilantro (to taste)
- black olives (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- Chop tomato, green onions, cilantro, and black olives.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Best if sits overnight in the refrigerator.