Recipe by YummySmellsca
We are not fans of creamy pasta salad, and in the Summer it can be dangerous to leave it out. This tangy, veggie packed version is elegant and perfect for packing.
Top Review by Starrynews
Yum, this is a refreshing variation on pasta salad! We loved how it was loaded with veggies, and the salami added a nice punch of flavor. I made one small change, to use gluten free pasta due to dietary need. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '13
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml diced vidalia onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 709.77 ml broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 340.19 g spicy salami, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 473.19 ml halved grape tomatoes
- 453.59 g vegetable rotini pasta
- 14.79 ml salt
- 59.14 ml drained chopped black olives (optional)
- 118.29 ml parmesan vinaigrette (like Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, red pepper, zucchini and wine; sauté until vegetables are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add salami and tomatoes; toss until heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of water with the 1 tbsp salt. Drain and immediately add to the vegetables.
- Add olives and dressing. Stir to coat well and season with salt and pepper to taste.