We are not fans of creamy pasta salad, and in the Summer it can be dangerous to leave it out. This tangy, veggie packed version is elegant and perfect for packing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced vidalia onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 lb spicy salami, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pint halved grape tomatoes
- 1 lb vegetable rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup drained chopped black olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan vinaigrette (like Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, red pepper, zucchini and wine; sauté until vegetables are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add salami and tomatoes; toss until heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of water with the 1 tbsp salt. Drain and immediately add to the vegetables.
- Add olives and dressing. Stir to coat well and season with salt and pepper to taste.