Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 head romaine lettuce (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 lb sliced salami
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, drained and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as a combination of basil, oregano and thyme)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Dress with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE.
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and chopped herbs in the bowl of a blender or food processor.
- Process on high speed until the mixture is well blended.
- With the motor running, carefully pour in the oil in a steady stream.
- Store in the refrigerator after use. (Vinaigrette will last about 2 weeks in the refrigerator.).