Prep 20 mins
Cook 96 hrs
This is a great salad served in Italian and French restaurants in South Louisiana. It was known by another name, but most restaurants changed the name because it might offend. Some Italian restaurants refuse to do so and say that since they are Italian and are not offended, they will do what they want. This is my husband's favorite salad.
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 12 ripe olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 dill pickle, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon capers
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- marinated artichoke, as needed
- 2 -3 anchovies
- Mix all the ingredients, except the oil.
- Add the oil and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 4 days before using.
- Serve on green salad and top with anchovies and artichokes.
Bayousong, Thanks for the Wop Salad recipe! I never thought of adding pickles but it's really good. I also added diced carrots. Good memories!