Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 3⁄4 tablespoon paprika
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dried dill
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all in a container with a tight fitting lid and shake.
- For salad dressing,combine 1 1/2 tbsp mix with1/4 cup vinegar,2 1/2 tbsp water and 3/4 cup oil in a bottle with a lid and shake.
- Let stand 1 hour to blend.
Used this for Crock Pot Italian Beef or Venison 79976 as a substitute for Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix. I am not sure it would taste close to that as dressing, but it was really good! A great blend that I will use often, as I have a sodium restricted family member. This is full of flavor, a bit different and really good. Thanks.
I have used this with Savory Oven French Fries and as salad dressing, it was a homerun with both! I like that it is a little herby in appearance and I think it tastes better than the store bought dry Italian Dressing mix. I made up a batch as salad dressing and used on a sub, it was great! Thanks for the recipe!
I made this to try to substitute for the packaged mix, because I hate all those chemicals. This seems authentic to the flavor I wanted to duplicate. Next time I will cut back or eliminate the salt, because it is a bit salty (which does make it authentic, but is just too much for my current tastes). I haven't actually used it to make salad dressing with.