Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy to make and it's 'delicioso'! And no un-pronouncable ingredients...so you know it's gotta be healthier than the dressing you buy at the supermarket. I use whatever kind of vinegar I happen to have on hand - each different kind lends a slightly different character to the dressing. The half hour "cooking time" is actually time spent in the refrigerator before use, although I have used this dressing right after mixing it up.
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar (any kind you prefer)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (or 1/4 cup canola oil and 1/4 c olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Measure all ingredients into a small container with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously to thoroughly mix.
- Store in refrigerator and shake before using.
This came together so easily and I had everything I needed handy, so it was so much cheaper than buying from the shops, especially since I only needed a small amount. I used it in Recipe #497338