Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Put this recipe together for company. Every one had a second bowl of salad!
Make and share this Italian Salad Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (Carapelli)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients in a bottle except the Parmesan Cheese.
- Shake to blend.
- After about an hour strain out garlic. Return dressing to bottle and add Parmesan Cheese.
- Makes about 1 cup.
I mixed this dressing up to use in Barbecue Pork Chops. I found it bland and oily. However, I will not assign a rating because I didn't follow directions exactly. I was short on time, so I used my garlic press and left the garlic in the dressing. I cooked with the dressing almost right away. I also tasted it off the spoon.
This was a very nice Italian Dressing with some minor modifications. I made as directed except I added more garlic and a tsp of Italian Seasoning. Went great with my simple salad tonight. Thanks. Made for PAC Spring 2010
I used this in Supreme Pizza Pasta Salad and it was a big hit at our Superbowl party this year. I did add about a teaspoon of Italian Dressing Seasoning Dry Mix for more Italian flavor and I only added a teaspoon of parmesan cheese. Thanks for sharing the recipe!