Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home. Makes a great salad dressing or marinade. Plan ahead - needs to refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar or 2 -4 tablespoons sugar substitute
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 2/3 cup.
This is a good basic salad dressing that was lovely over my mixed green salad. Thanks for posting!
This smells wonderful and is marinating b/s chicken thighs to grill (or broil if the snow keeps up). Made as is; is very quick to put together with ingredients I have on hand. Made for I Recommend Tag February 2010.
This a good basic vinegarette. I subbed apple cider vinegar and added a splash of Cabernet . I only added a pinch of sugar as DH is diabetic and I don't like savory things made sweet. I'll have to agree with another reviewer that this didn't stand out as being "Italian" . I used a blend of basil and oregeno, salt and pepper for the italian seasoning - maybe it should be more specific. It was definitely better after it had time to meld, so plan ahead. There are times when you need a basic dressing and this fits the bill. Made for I Recommend Tag April 09.