Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious vinaigrette type dressing with lots of flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Place first 7 ingredients in a bowl and very slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Add garlic and place dressing in a covered jar in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to let flavors develop.
Good basic/versatile Italian dressing that everyone enjoyed. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yum! This is wonderful. I left out the parmesan cheese for allergy reasons.
I love whipping up homemade salad dressings. This one is classic Italian tasting. I love how the dressing turns creamy, even though it doesn't contain mayonnaise. I did not have time to make in advance, but there was plenty of garlic flavor (used a large clove). I served over spinach leaves and sliced tomato along with a turkey pot pie. Roxygirl